Hello C’s Class

In our tech class on Tuesday we did a few different things. First, we had a guest teacher come in with some of her students to teach us about Minecraft… Then following this we checked out an app called Google Science. Although I learned lots, I honestly didn’t really love either.

So, let’s talk about Minecraft. A lot of student’s these days are really into this platform…me? Nope not at all. I have never been into games or video games; I literally don’t have any game apps on my phone. Trying to use this in teach class made me so overwhelmed. I actually was getting so frustrated and annoyed and if I had been in school having to use this, I would not be a happy camper. Although these are my thoughts, I can see how students would be more engaged in learning when doing something that is fun and out of the box. I do think that it can aid in student learning and if my future students wanted to use it, I would try and figure it out. Online there are some different lesson plan outlines you can use to create a lesson plan and use Minecraft to implement it. One thing that I would use that I liked was using Minecraft to create stories. I think it would be a cool way to do literacy in the classroom.

The other thing we did in class is check out Google Science. This app allows students to measure light, sound, movement, and more. I do think this is useful because if you have ever tried to take your own data on these things it’s hard! This allows you to track your experiments and take notes and have it all in one app. Honestly, I am still trying to figure out how to use this app and what it really does. So, you are probably better off to go online and look up what this app does instead of reading this blog… I am not very helpful in this department.

Anyways, there you have it. My great explanations….

XO