Hello C’s Class

So, as I am sure you are all aware of the COVID-19 pandemic. Because of this my university was shut down making us finish up the remainder of the term online….I am not a fan! I personally don’t love doing class online and then doing it one FaceTime… yeah not my favourite! But that is what happened and I am here to tell you how it went down!

We used a cool video platform called Zoom. Which is awesome because you can video conference the whole class! This allowed everyone to stay at home, log on in their pj’s and come to class. Although I personally wasn’t a fan I did think it is a great tool you should look into for future calls that maybe are long distance, or if you are sick, or any other reason you can come to class or even a work meeting! So I would say that this would be my top video conferencing platform that I would use if I had to. My class was even able to do group presentations on it by sharing the screen which means that if I was to share my screen and I had was secretly watching Netflix while in class everyone would see… so don’t do that but you can share you screen and then people can see your power point slides for your prez!

Okay so there must my a catch or some cons for this right? Well as it happens to be there is a catch. This link will take you to the zoom website where it will show you the different plans that you can buy. So there is a free plan but you don’t really get a lot out of it unless you plan on only videoing one on one or up to groups of 100 but under 40 mins…. The other thing is that during out class chat I noticed that lots of people just put their screen on mute and decided to chat with someone in their house or cook food while people were presenting… rude! This would never happen in a real class!

Anyways, I encourage you to check it out and see what you think! That’s all for today!

XO