Hello C’s Class,

So as you all know I am learning to play the guitar… Well update I’m actually not that bad. Today’s blog will be about what I have learned so far and how much I have accomplished from my musical growth plan.

I was really struggling to make my strumming pattern sound good with the song. I felt like giving up but instead I found a new youtube video that explained it way better and now I can actually play the whole song! Through this video I learned how to do the strumming pattern, where my hands should be and what chords I should be playing. Looking at my musical growth plan, so far I have checked off being able to hold my guitar, I can tune it myself, I sit up straight and move from chord to chord pretty smoothly (can still work on this), and I still have to look at my fingers when playing… But that is okay, this is a process. Throughthis as
signment I have got out of my comfort zone. Many times I wanted to give up because I just didn’t understand what was going on. But then when I found the new video to follow everything clicked. Although I am not perfect, I feel really proud that I started not even knowing how to hold a guitar and now I can kinda play one song! I wasn’t able to check off all the things I said I would be able to do from my growth plan, but I can do a whole lot more then I thought. I have been leaving my guitar out in my living room and that alone has made me practice so much more! I enjoy practicing once a day and that is something I never thought I would feel. My video I will be sending into my teacher will show case what I have learned so far. Wish me luck!

Here is my video!                  https://youtu.be/I8LkV9QbgPY               

XO