Hello C’s Class

Today’s blog is focused on my journey about learning the guitar. In my music class we had to pick an instrument to learn through out the semester…I chose the guitar. Why? Well, I thought the guitar was a super cool instrument to play but I now sorta regret it because it’s HARD! So wish me luck…

What have I learned? Well, so far I am learning one song with the chords D and A. The song is “Boys Round Here” by Blake Shelton. I have been practicing about everyday with 15 mins or so. I first started with learning chord D. After learning the proper fingering for this chord I practiced the strumming pattern. It goods, down, down, down, up, up,up, down. So it seems pretty easy but honestly I am struggling! After getting down this chord with the strumming patter I moved to learn the other chord. I learned how to properly do chord A and then practiced with the same strumming pattern. Basically this song switched between D and A using the same pattern each time. Super easy right? Well not so much for me…but I am trying! I downloaded an app called Chordify to help me learn the song and hopefully will help me be able to play the song by Feb 27th. Going forward I am going to continue with what I have learned and start practicing moving quickly from one chord to the next smoothly. I have been following the youtube video below to learn my song. I am a little worried that by Feb 27th I won’t be able to play the song but I am going to keep practicing and trying my best and hopefully will improved over the next 2 weeks!

Anyways, that’s all for today! Keep posted for another music blog next week and see if I have improved! Wish me luck!

XO